Volunteering for Conservation Projects
Peru, Costa Rica, and Guatemala are three of the most bio-diverse countries in the world.
Opportunities abound for conservation projects in the rainforests and coastal areas of these amazing countries, as well as in mountains of Peru and Guatemala.
Maximo Nivel offers unique conservation projects including:
- Turtle Conservation Project
- Animal Care
- Environmental Education & Clean Up
- Organic Farming
Projects working in reforestation and agriculture help rural communities and small villages with local projects and volunteers work alongside local inhabitants. Volunteers working in biodiversity inventories, turtle and bird conservation, and other protection projects live either high in the mountains or on the tropical coasts and jungle areas of Peru, Costa Rica, and Guatemala.
Projects are directed by professional environmentalists, scientists, and other professionals. Depending on the volunteer’s ability to conduct themselves in Spanish and the expertise they demonstrate, the project supervisors will let you work as independently as possible.
More information on volunteers
- Orientation and 24 hour support from our qualified staff
- Certified, native Spanish teacher
- Free Spanish textbook and materials
- Free Tandem Conversation Program
- Volunteer service certificate
- Letter of recommendation
- Free access to high-speed Internet and computers
- Free Salsa lessons
- Free coffee and tea
- Emergency contact number 24/7